What are Advantages of Solar Energy
The flows and stores of solar energy in the environment are vast in comparison to human energy needs. The total solar energy available to the earth is approximately 3850 ZJ (Zetta joules) per year which is more than the total energy consumption of the country. Ocean absorb approximately 285 ZJ of solar energy per year. Let's see various advantages of solar energy here:
Advantages of Solar Energy
- Solar cells are totally silent, they can extract energy from the sun without making a peep.
- Solar energy is non-polluting, it does not release carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases and carcinogens into the air.
- Solar cells require very little maintenance cost and they last for long time.
- Although solar panels or solar lights etc. may be expensive to buy at the onset, one can save money in the long run.
- Solar powered lights and other solar powered products are also very easy to install. One need not to worry about wires.
Solar energy is a renewable resource. Although we cannot utilize the power of the sun at night or on stormy, cloudy days etc., we can count on the sun being there the next day, ready to give us more energy and light. As long as we have the sun, we can have solar energy.