What are Difference between Digital and Analog Filters
Differentiate, distinguish, compare and explain what is the main difference between Digital and Analog Filters. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Digital and Analog Filters
1. Digital filters have high accuracy. Analog filters have low accuracy due to component tolerance.
2. Digital Filters have linear phase for example FIR filter. Analog filters have nonlinear phase.
3. Digital filters have no drift due to component variations. Analog filters have drift due to component variations.
4. Flexible, adaptive filtering is possible in digital whereas in analog adaptive filters are difficult.
5. Digital filter are easy to stimulate and design. Analog filter are difficult to stimulate and design.
6. In the first, computation must be completed in the sampling period and it limits real time operation. Analog filters are required for high frequencies and for anti-aliasing filters.
7. Digital filters require high performance ADC, DAC or DSP. No ADC, DAC or DSP are required for analog.
Difference between Analog Filters vs Digital
Digital vs Analog Filters
Differences between Analog Filters vs Digital