What are Difference between HashSet and TreeSet in Java
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between HashSet and TreeSet in Java. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between HashSet and TreeSet in Java
1. In terms of ordering or sorting: HashSet doesn't provide any ordering guarantee, whereas TreeSet provides ordering /sorting guarantee.
2. In terms of null element: HashSet allows one null element while TreeSet doesn't allows null objects.
3. In terms of complementation: HashSet is internally implemented using Hash Map while TreeSet is internally implemented using TreeMap.
4. In terms of comparison and duplicate detection: HashSet uses equals() method for comparison. TreeSet uses compareTo() method for comparison.
5. In terms of underlying data structure: HashSet is backed by hash table, whereas TreeSet is backed by Red-Black Tree.
6. In terms of performance: HashSet is faster while TreeSet is slower for most of the general purpose operation e.g. add, remove and search.
Difference between TreeSet in Java vs HashSet
HashSet vs TreeSet in Java
Differences between TreeSet in Java vs HashSet