What are Difference between Pectoral and Pelvic Girdle
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Pectoral and Pelvic Girdle in science. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Pectoral and Pelvic Girdle
1. Pectoral Girdle lies on the postero-lateral aspect of the upper region of the thorax. Pelvic Girdle is located in the lower part of the trunk.
2. Pectoral Girdle consists of 2 dissimilar bones: scapula and clavicle. Pelvic Girdle consists of 2 similar bones, innominate.
3. Scapula and clavicle are not further divided into any type of bone in Pectoral Girdle. In Pelvic Girdle, each innominate bone consists of three bones: ilium, ischium, and pubis.
4. Pectoral Girdle provides articulation to the arm bones. Pelvic Girdle provides articulation to the bones of the leg.
5. Pectoral Girdle has at its lateral angle a shallow concavity, the glenoid cavity, for the articulation of the head of the humerus. Pelvic Girdle has at the middle of its lateral surface a deep, cup-shaped hollow, acetabulum.
Difference between Pelvic Girdle vs Pectoral
Pectoral vs Pelvic Girdle
Differences between Pelvic Girdle vs Pectoral