Benefits of Neem
Benefits of Neem and Uses: Neem also known as Azadirachta indica or Indian Lilac is an evergreen fast-growing tree that can reach a height of 15–20 metres. The neem tree is a kind of tree noted for its drought resistance. It can grow in many different types of soil, but it thrives best on well drained deep and sandy soils. The Fruits and Seeds of the tree are the sources of Neem Oil.
Now Lets see some of the common Health Benefits of Neem and Uses of Neem
- Neem leaves are dried and burnt in the tropical regions to keep away mosquitoes.
- Benefits of Neem in Soups. Neem is also used in bath soups. It is antibacterial and antifungal, soothing and moisturising. It can be made with up to 40% neem oil. Well known brands include Margo. Generally, the crude oil is used to produce coarse laundry soaps.
- Neem oil is also used for healthy hair, to improve liver function, detoxify the blood, and balance blood sugar levels.
- Neem leaves have also been used to treat skin diseases like eczema, psoriasis, etc.
- Benefits of Neem in Pest and disease control. It is a key ingredient in non-pesticidal management (NPM), providing a natural alternative to synthetic pesticides. Neem seeds are ground into a powder that is soaked overnight in water and sprayed onto the crop.
- Neem oil has been shown to avert termite attack as an eco-friendly and economical agent.
- Neem does not directly kill insects on the crop. It acts as an antifeedant, repellent, and egg-laying deterrent, protecting the crop from damage. The insects starve and die within a few days. It also suppresses the hatching of pest insects from their eggs.
- Benefits of Neem - For cleaning teeth by chewing stick. The twigs are also used as tooth brush. One end is chewed to turn it into soft bristles to clean the teeth by brushing.
- Toiletries: Neem oil is used for preparing cosmetics such as soap, shampoo, balms, and creams as well as toothpaste.
- Benefits of Neem in Cosmetics : It is perceived in India as a beauty aid. Powdered leaves are a major component of at least one widely used facial cream. Purified oil is also used in nail polish and other cosmetics.
- Lubricant : Neem oil is nondrying and it resists degradation better than most vegetable oils. In rural India, it is commonly used to grease cart wheels.
- Benefits of Neem in Fertilizer : Neem has demonstrated considerable potential as a fertilizer. Neem cake is widely used to fertilize cash crops, particularly sugarcane and vegetables.
- It has many incredible medicinal benefits, but one of the most important things is, it kills cancerous cells. If you consume it every day, it keeps the number of cancerous cells in the body within a certain limit, so that they will not gang up against your system.