Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids Diets and Supplements in Pregnancy
Omega-3 fatty acids plays important role to both the development of a healthy baby and in the health of the mother during the pregnancy. Omega-3s are a family of long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids that are essential nutrients for health and development. Unfortunately, these are not synthesized by the human body and therefore must be obtained from diet or supplementation.
Benefits of Omega 3 Fatty Acids Diets and Supplements in PregnancyDoctors indicate that Omega-3 fatty acids are a vital nutritional contributor to enhanced pregnancy health. Omega-3 fatty acids are critical for fetal neurodevelopment and may be important for the timing of gestation and birth weight as well. Most pregnant women likely do not get enough omega-3 fatty acids because the major dietary source, seafood, is restricted to 2 servings a week. Researchers found that infants born to mothers with higher blood levels of the omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) at delivery had advanced levels of attention spans well into their second year of life. During the first six months of life, these infants were two months ahead of those babies whose mothers had lower DHA levels.
Omega 3 Fatty Acids Benefits in Pregnancy
- Offer several important nutrients for the neurological development of baby.
- Increase the attention span of your child.
- Promotes development of brain, cognitive and visual performance and eyes of babies.
- Cardiac and Respiratory systems development for the baby.
- Increase the learning and cognitive function of your child.
- May help prevent pre-term labor and premature delivery for mother