Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between RDBMS and ODBMS. Comparison and Differences.
A DBMS has to be persistent, i.e. it should be accessible when the program created the data ceases to exist or even the application that created the data restarted. A DBMS also has to provide some uniform methods independent of a specific application for accessing the information that is stored.
RDBMS is a Relational Database Management System Relational DBMS. This adds the additional condition that the system supports a tabular structure for the data, with enforced relationships between the tables. This excludes the databases that dont support a tabular structure or dont enforce relationships between tables.
Many DBAs think that RDBMS is a Client Server Database system but that is not the case with RDBMS. DBMS does not impose any constraints or security with regard to data manipulation. It is users or the programmers responsibility to ensure the ACID PROPERTY of the database whereas the rdbms is more with this regard because rdbms define the integrity constraint for the purpose of holding ACID PROPERTY.
Difference between RDBMS and ODBMS
1. DBMS stands for Database Management System. RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management System.
2. The relationship between two files is controlled in a programming manner in the DBMS. On the other hand, RDBMS work differently where the relationship between two files are specified when the tables are created.
3. There are chances of inconsistencies in the DBMS as the data don’t get stored using the ACID model. The RDBMS is pretty difficult to create and follow the ACID model that makes them fully structured and consistent.
4. The main motive behind the creation of DBMS is to control the databases present in the computer network and its hard disks. These types of database systems are utilized to maintain the relationship in a set of tables.
5. DBMS is good for managing small data. RDBMS is used to manage large amount of data
6. DBMS cost is very less to implement. RDBMS cost is very high.
7. Hardware and software need is very less and easy. Need of hardware and software is very high and complex in RDBMS.
8. DBMS is less efficient as compared to RDBMS
9. Distributed Databases are not supported in DBMS where in RDBMS distributed databases are supported.
10. Some of the common forms of DBMS data are windows registry, XML, a file system, and many more. On the other hand, the major examples of RDBMS include SQL Server, MYSQL, and Oracle among others.
Difference between RDBMS Database System vs DBMS
DBMS vs RDBMS Database System
Differences between RDBMS Database System vs DBMS