Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Hydraulic Turbines and Pumps. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Hydraulic Turbines and Pumps
1. Hydraulic Turbines converts hydraulic-energy into mechanical energy while pumps convert mechanical energy into hydraulic-energy.
2. Turbines produce electrical energy whereas pumps produce pressure energy utilizing electrical energy.
3. Turbines have more components, so the maintenance cost is high. Pumps have less maintenance cost as they have very little components.
4. Turbines are very costly and have a cumbersome design. Pumps are less costly and have easy design consideration.
5. Examples of Hydraulic Turbines: Pelton Turbine, Francis Turbine, Kaplan Turbine etc. Examples of Hydraulic Pumps: Centrifugal Pumps, Reciprocating Pumps etc.
Difference between Pumps vs Hydraulic Turbines
Hydraulic Turbines vs Pumps
Differences between Pumps vs Hydraulic Turbines