Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Primary and Secondary Memory in computers. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Primary and Secondary Memory
1. Primary memory is the memory that is directly accessed by the CPU. Secondary memory is a storage device that is not accessible directly by the CPU.
2. Primary is known as main memory. The Secondary is known as backup memory.
3. A computer cannot run without primary memory. A computer can run without secondary memory.
4. Primary memory is faster than secondary memories.
5. The Example of Primary memory is ROM and RAM. The Example of secondary memory is a floppy disk, CD, DVD, USB flash drive.
Search More Topics on the Web
Difference between Secondary Memory vs Primary
Primary vs Secondary Memory
Differences between Secondary Memory vs Primary