Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Raster and Vector Image. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Raster and Vector Image
1. Raster images are made of pixels (tiny dots). Vector images are made of mathematical calculation that form objects and lines.
2. Raster image can be scaled at the cause of losing quality. Vector image can be scaled to any size with same quality and can be printed top any resolution.
3. Raster images require extra time to be converted into vector. Vector images can be easily converted into raster.
4. File types of Raster Image are PSD, TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF. File types of Vector Image are EPS, AI, CDR.
5. Raster Images are perfect for printing and photographs. Vector images are good for engraving and sandblasting.
Difference between Vector Image vs Raster
Raster vs Vector Image
Differences between Vector Image vs Raster