Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the differences between Potentiometer and Voltmeter. Comparison and Difference.
Differences between Potentiometer and Voltmeter
1. Potentiometer measure emf of cell very accurately. Voltmeter measure emf of cell approximately.
2. Potentiometer does not draw any current from known emf source while measuring current. Voltmeter does not draw any current from known emf source while measuring current.
3. While measuring emf, resistance of Potentiometer become infinite. While measuring emf, resistance of Potentiometer becomes very high but measurable.
4. In the Potentiometer sensitivity is high. In the voltmeter sensitivity is low.
5. First one is based on null deflection method. Second one is based on deflection method.
Difference between Voltmeter vs Potentiometer
Potentiometer vs Voltmeter
Differences between Voltmeter vs Potentiometer
Image Credits: Freepik