What are Health Benefits of Mint
Mint has one of the highest antioxidant capacities of any food. This plant is related to the menthe genus and it is aromatic herbs. The chief constituents for which these plants are valued are menthol and peppermint oil. It is commonly known as Pudina
in Hindi. Let's see some of the amazing health benefits of mint here on this page.
Why Mint is Not Good for Guys and affect Male Erection
Yes, you heard right. The menthol in mint reduces testosterone, therefore lowering male libido. Well mint reduces the production of sperm thus you may suffer and eating in excess may lead to impotency.
Testosterone is an essential hormone in the male body that plays a vital role in a man’s ability to achieve an erection. If a man has low testosterone levels, then his erectile function may be compromised. In a study to determine how mint specifically effects testosterone levels in the body. A conclusion was made that mint can decrease serum testosterone levels in the body, which may lead to sexual dysfunctions, such as erectile dysfunction.
There are many claims from men taking large doses of mint tea that the herb causes a decline in sex drive and a lower sex drive can lead to short-term erectile dysfunction.
Let's see some of the Common Health Benefits of Mint
Health Benefits of Mint
As Antiseptic and Anti-bacterial
It serves as a good blood cleanser since it is antiseptic and anti-bacterial.
In Ulcers and Toothaches
Pudina plays a significant role in alleviating swollen gums, mouth ulcers and toothaches.
For treating arthritis, take some fresh leaves and heat on low flame. Pound them and apply on the painful joints or muscles.
As a Mouthwash - Health Benefits of Mint
When still warm, soak 2 tablespoons of chopped leaves in a glass of hot water for 30 minutes and strain. Use the infusion as a mouthwash.
In Preparing Balms - Health Benefits of Mint
The menthol extracted from the plant is used in preparing balms.
As a Flavoring Agent
It is used as a flavouring agent in many culinary preparations.
As a Repelling Pest Insects - Health Benefits of Mint
The mint family tend to make good companion plants, repelling pest insects and attracting beneficial ones.
In Beauty Products
Mint oil is often used in toothpaste, gum, candy and beauty products while the leaves are used either fresh or dried for teas and food.
Medical Uses of Mint
1. Mint is an effective treatment for stomach ache and chest pains.
2. It is most commonly used herb as a home remedy for stomach pain.
3. Infusion of leaves is very helpful during indigestion and tastelessness.
4. A mixture of ginger juice and honey with mint twice a day helps in the treatment of morning sickness in women.
5. The leaves are helpful in stimulating menstruation in those suffering from dysmenorrhea.
6. It also helps in treating hyperacidity.
7. Mint is extensively used for aromatherapy.
8. It helps to alleviate migraine pains.
9. Chewing mint leafs helps to prevent hiccups.
10. Decoction of mint leaves relieves from any worm infestation.
11. Applying mint oil on skin helps in reducing blemishes on the skin.
12. It is useful in treating acne, itching, inflammation, and burns.
Search More Topics on the Web