What are Top 10 Benefits of Eating CabbageCabbage is a powerful brain food with an impressive array of health benefits. It was praised by ancient Egyptian pharaohs and has become a staple of diets all over the world. Let's see top 10 benefits of eating cabbage for Skin and Health here:
Top 10 Benefits of Eating Cabbage
1. Cabbage is Good for the BrainCabbage, especially red cabbage, has a very high Vitamin K content, which helps with your mental functions and improves your concentration. It also helps to prevent damage to the nerves and provides you with a defense against Alzheimer’s disease.
2. Helps Detoxify the BodyCabbage is packed with vitamin C and sulfur, both of which remove toxins such as free radicals and uric acid from the body. Free radicals cause per oxidization of tissue stores, which may lead to the proliferation of malignant cells. Flushing out free radicals does a great deal to reduce the cell-damaging toxins in your body.
3. Has Anti-Ageing PropertiesHealth benefits of cabbage include anti-ageing. Eating cabbage regularly can help to slow down the signs of ageing. It contains a good supply of Vitamin C, which keeps the skin looking young and
4. Lowers Blood PressureCabbage is rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure by counteracting the harmful effects of excess sodium in your body.
5. Cabbage improves the ComplexionCabbage is great for the skin, thanks to its Vitamin A content, which rejuvenates the tissues. It also contains Folate, which human body uses to repair DNA and it also helps in cell division and growth; cabbage also contains Vitamin E that nourishes skin.
6. Powerful AntioxidantRed cabbage has polyphenols, which are powerful antioxidants that are good for the brain and heart health. They also have gulcuosinolates, which are cancer-fighting antioxidants.
7. Helps in Weight LossHealth benefits of cabbage also include weight loss. Cabbage is a fiber rich, low calorie food which can easily be added to many meals. Increase your portion size of cabbage, and it will leave you feeling full but for less calories. A single, average sized serving of cabbage (1 cup), contains less than 25 calories.
8. Regulates Blood SugarEver wonder what the difference is between red cabbage and the green varieties? Red cabbage is colored by betalains, a natural red pigment that gives cabbage and beets their distinctive color. It also lowers blood sugar levels and aids in insulin production.
9. Rich Source of Folic AcidAll leafy green vegetables, like cabbage, are good sources of folic acid (or folate), which doctors recommend for pregnant women because it helps to promote healthy development of unborn child.
10. Good for the DigestionBetter digestion is another one of wonderful health benefits of cabbage. We are probably all familiar with the noticeable ‘side effect’ that cabbage can have on some people! That is because cabbage is such a good source of fiber, which means that you can eat it to cure constipation and it will also help your digestive system running smoothly.