Becoming a successful and well-earning engineer is a dream for all engineering aspirants. To get into this course, students work so hard and prepare for national and state-level entrance exams such as JEE, JEE Mains and KEAM.
A student with a dream to become a successful engineer always wants to study at the best BTech colleges in Kerala such as TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic.
But having a degree in BTech or MTech is not sufficient to become a successful engineer. As the business world is constantly changing, therefore companies are more concerned with professional and interpersonal skills.
If you have a plan to jump into the engineering world, along with a degree or diploma, you must have certain skills and qualities. In this particular blog, we will talk about all the essential skills that can help in making a flourishing career in the engineering sector.
Table of Contents:
● Importance of Skills and Qualities to Become a Successful Engineer
● Skills and Qualities Need to Become a Victorious Engineer
● Which engineering college in Kerala helps in earning all such skills under one roof?
Importance of Skills and Qualities to Become a Successful Engineer
Success always comes with great learning, knowledge and experience. Having a degree in today’s time is not sufficient. If you have valid skills and knowledge of your profession/field then only you can achieve your goals.
As you know engineering is a vast area of education and has countless specializations such as Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, IT and many more. Each branch of engineering required different skills and knowledge.
To work in a constantly changing environment, a person should have learning skills which increase visibility and time period in the market. Even various best BTech colleges in Kerala focus on practical learning rather than theoretical work.
With a relevant skill set, one can work under pressure without harming their mental and physical health. A strong mind person is needed in all the marketplaces.
Despite the diversity, all engineering organizations seek out similar attributes and capabilities in their new joiners, and there are various typical skills that are useful right across the entire spectrum of engineering.
Skills and Qualities Need to Become a Victorious Engineer
Every engineering graduate demands to have a valid degree from any AICTE-Approved engineering college. Along with Diploma, BTech degree and MTech degree, candidates must have observing and learning capabilities.
To become a successful engineer/person in personal or professional life, a person should have the guts to take criticism in a positive way. All engineering colleges in Kerala enrich their students with knowledge, guidance and skills to meet all requirements of the world.
Here are some of the skills that you must have in order to become a successful engineer in your respective field of engineering.
- Excellent Communication Skills: Having good communication is a vital skill to take one step ahead to become a successful engineer. With excellent communication skills, you can make a great deal and share your ideas with your client in an appropriate manner. You must be well versed in the English language both verbal and written. As you know, English is known as the global business language. So to showcase your expertise and knowledge power, you need to communicate effectively.
- Team Management: When you work in any organization you work with the whole team. And when you’re in a higher position, you must have the skill to manage small and large teams and at the same time have the ability to work independently. With team management skills, you can increase your production and employee productivity. Even allocation of work becomes easy for you and you can monitor work very well.
- Problem-Solving Skill: A life of an engineer is always full of challenges and finding solutions. As an engineering degree holder from TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic, one of the best BTech colleges in Kerala, you’re expected to have problem-solving skills to reduce problems and give relevant solutions for great productivity.
- Creative skills: To be a successful engineer in India or overseas, a candidate must have a creative approach. As you know, creative minds generate unique ideas and creative solutions. Apart from creative solutions, engineers need to prepare presentations to introduce their ideas and innovation.
- Computer savvy: No matter what specialization you are having in engineering, you need to work on computers. Thus, it is required that you must have adequate knowledge of computers and their applications. Skills like programming are important across a wide range of engineering domains and are appealing to prospective employers.
- Pressure Management Quality: Sometimes, professional work brings some sort of work or team pressure. But a dignified and experienced employee can handle such pressure with their skills and positive attitude. Not losing patience under pressure is the best quality of a successful engineer.
- Positive Attitude: A negative mind never brings good ideas and even makes a dull atmosphere around everyone. whereas a positive attitude generates more creative ideas and makes a pleasant atmosphere around everybody. Even if the situation is not ideal, a positive mind person brings out the best in that situation and such skills help them in framing a flourishing career.
- Leadership quality: To bring out the best result for your firm is a sign of ideal leadership. If a person can lead a project or team on their own, it shows their capabilities to do work efficiently. Leadership skills are often essential for various engineering positions, especially when engineers like you work with a team whether small or large. To become a good leader, you don’t require the label of manager or TL, if you have ideas to take your team member to the next level, it will be a great sign.
- Skilled in using software: The engineering field is all about software, applications and machines. To become an ideal engineer with a handsome salary package, you must have advanced knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Manufacture (CAM) or other computer-based programs. Generally, it is required for software engineers.
Which engineering college in Kerala helps in earning all such skills under one roof?
Not all colleges help you in gaining the above-shared skills, as they are more concerned about theoretical knowledge. Their approaches are only degree oriented. But in Kottayam, Kerala, TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic is one of the best engineering colleges in Kerala. It provides quality education and focuses on the overall development of students so that they can stand out from the crowd.
TOMS College offers various diploma and degree programs in the engineering domain such as;
|Diploma Programs of TOMS
|Degree Programs of TOMS
|Diploma in Chemical Engineering
|BTech in Chemical Engineering
|Diploma in Civil Engineering
|BTech in Civil Engineering
|Diploma in CS & Engineering
|BTech in Mechanical Engineering
|Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
|BTech in CS and Engineering
|Diploma in Automobile Engineering
Diploma programs of TOMS college are of 3-year duration whereas BTech programs are of 4 years. Among all the available BTech colleges in Kerala, TOMS College offers both diploma and degree programs under one roof.
From time to time this noted engineering college conducted seminars and workshops to upgrade the knowledge and skills of students. Through such workshops, students learn various skills and new things which they later can use in their campus placement interviews.
When you study in the best BTech colleges in Kerala, you develop multiple skills such as interpersonal skills, professional skills, communication skills and many other useful skills. With the help of all the available skills and qualities, you can become the desired engineer who earns dollars. So if you want to become a pro engineer, earn those skills and upgrade yourself.
Which are the best private engineering colleges in Kerala?
Among all other BTech colleges in Kerala, TOMS College of Engineering and Polytechnic is known as one of the best private engineering colleges in Kerala. Its top-notch educational curriculum and scholarly faculty make it an ideal place to learn to engineer.
How do engineering courses in Kerala help you in gaining skills for jobs?
With BTech and diploma engineering courses, students can earn various skills through live seminars, constant workshops and regular industry visits. When students get exposure, they automatically develop various skills such as communication skills, and teamwork skills.
How to become a successful engineer?
The first step to becoming a successful engineer is to earn a degree or diploma in any specialization of engineering. After that, score well in your graduation or diploma and get placement in the best company. This is how you can become a successful engineer.
Can I become an engineer without studying science?
The basic requirement to become an engineer is one should pursue their 10+2 in science stream with main subjects as Maths, Physics and Chemistry. Thus, you can’t study engineering without being a science student.
Can I get admission in BTech colleges with 45% marks?
In TOMS College of Engineering & Polytechnic, you can get admission with 45% of marks. But you must be a student of science stream.
Image Credits: Freepik