What are Difference between Crust and Mantle
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Crust and Mantle. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Crust and Mantle
1. The outermost and thinnest layer of Earth is known as Crust. The middle layer of Earth between Crust and Core is known as Mantle.
2. Crust forms only 0.5% of the total Earth's volume. Mantle forms only 16% of the total Earth's volume.
3. Average thickness of Crust varies from 5 to 8 kms under the ocean floors and 35 kms under the continental masses. Mantle thickness is about 2900 kms.
4. Crust is broken in large continental blocks called "Plates". Mantle layer is in partially molted form. Lithosphere plates (Crust) floats on this layer.
5. Crust layer is known as SIAL & SIMA because it contains Silica, Aluminum and Magnesium. Mantle layer is made up of Iron, Magnesium and Silica.
Difference between Mantle vs Crust
Crust vs Mantle
Differences between Mantle vs Crust