Objective / Aim of the Experiment
To design Basic Gates Using NAND Gates
NAND Gate is a universal gate. It is so called as because by using of this gate we can make any gate like AND, NOT, OR, NOR etc. By help of this gate we can also make multiplexers and de-multiplexers.
Circuit Diagrams for NAND Gate Equivalents
Lets see below the NAND gate equivalents of NOT, AND, OR and NOR gates:
NOT Gate Equivalent in NAND Gate
AND Gate Equivalent in NAND Gate
OR Gate Equivalent in NAND Gate
NOR Gate Equivalent in NAND Gate
1. Place the IC on IC Trainer Kit.
2. Connect Vcc and ground to respective pins of IC trainer kit.
3. Connect the Inputs to the input swutches provided in the IC trainer kit.
4. Connect the outputs to the swtches of output LEDs.
5. Apply various combinations of inputs according to the truth table and observe the output of the LEDs.
6. Disconnect output from LEDs and note down the corrosponding multimeter voltage readings for various combinations of inputs.
Designing of basic gates by using of NAND gate is successfully done.
- All the connection should be tight.
- It should be care that the values of the components of the circuit is does not exceed to their ratings (maximum value).
- Before the circuit connection it should be check out working condition of all the Component.