Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Plasma and Serum. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Plasma and Serum
1. Plasma Fluid is obtained when coagulated blood has centrifuged. Serum Fluid is obtained when coagulated blood has been centrifuged.
2. In plasma, anti-coagulants are not needed. In serum, anti-coagulants are needed for separation.
3. Fibrinogen is present in plasma. Fibrinogen is absent in serum.
4. Plasma does not need standing; it could be centrifuged as soon as it has been mixed thoroughly. Serum takes a longer time to prepare.
5. Plasma is delivered to the patients who lack blood cells. Serum is the most preferred part of blood used in checking blood groups and diagnosis of diseases.
Difference between Serum vs Plasma
Plasma vs Serum
Differences between Serum vs Plasma