Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Xylem and Phloem. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Xylem and Phloem
1. Xylem is made of dead cells. Phloem is made of living cells.
2. In xylem, cell wall are thick. In phloem, cell wall are thin.
3. Lignin is used as a cell wall material in Xylem. Cellulose are used as a cell wall material in Phloem.
4. Xylem is impermeable whereas phloem is permeable.
5. Xylem dont have cytoplasm whereas phloem has cytoplasm lining.
6. Xylem transports water and minerals. Phloem transports food.
7. Xylem is carried to leaves. Phloem is carried to growing parts and storage organs.
8. In xylem, direction of flow is upward whereas in phloem direction is up and down.
9. In xylem, tissue also has fibers. Tissue also has companion cells.
Difference between Phloem vs Xylem
Xylem vs Phloem
Differences between Phloem vs Xylem