What are Difference between Ductility and Malleability of Materials
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between ductility and malleability of materials. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Ductility and Malleability of Materials
1. Ductility is the ability of a material to undergo deformation under tension without rupture whereas Malleability is the capacity of a material to withstand deformation under compression without rupture.
2. Ductility is a property of material by virtue of which it can be drawn into wires while Malleability is the property by virtue of which a material may be hammered or rolled into thin sheets.
3. Ductility is a tensile property whereas Malleability is a comprehensive property.
4. Ductility depends upon the grain size of the metal crystal while Malleability depends upon the crystal structure of the material.
5. Ductility Examples: Mild steel, copper, aluminum, zinc, nickel, tin etc. Malleability Examples: Gold, silver, aluminum, tin, zinc, wrought iron etc.
Difference between Malleability of Materials vs Ductility
Ductility vs Malleability of Materials
Differences between Malleability of Materials vs Ductility