What are Difference between Butter and Margarine
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Butter and Margarine. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Butter and Margarine
1. Butter is made by highly concentrating cow's milk and has a distinct flavor when heated. Margarine is made from hydrogenated or refined plant oils and water.
2. Butter is obtained from milk by churning. Margarine is obtained by partial hydrogenation of refined oils. Used as a butter substitute.
3. Butter has rich yellow colour due to carotene or annatto. Margarine has pale yellow due to added yellow dye
4. Butter gives rich flavour to food due to milk solids. Margarine is less enriching.
5. Butter is healthy. Margarine is healthier if the trans fats are removed from it.
Difference between Margarine vs Butter
Butter vs Margarine
Differences between Margarine vs Butter