Compare, distinguish and explain what is the difference between CNC and Conventional machine. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between CNC and Conventional Machine
1. CNC machines can be used continuously for long intervals and only need to be switched off for occasional maintenance. Conventional machines are difficult to operate for several hours at a stretch. the operator has to continuously focus on the job at hand.
2. CNC machine can produce several products all similar and deadly accurate. The resemblance of the products formed depends on the skill of the operator. A visible difference may occur.
3. Less skilled or trained persons can easily operate CNC machines. It requires highly skilled operators to work on conventional machines.
4. The software to drive the machines usually updates the CNC machine process. Chances for a major improvement in the same conventional machines are very less.
5. One person can supervise several CNC machines, and they can be left to work themselves. One person cannot operate one CNC machine at a time.
What is a CNC Machine ?
CNC stands for Computer Numerical Control. Conventionally, an operator decides and adjusts various machines parameters like feed, depth of cut etc depending on the type of job, and controls the slide movements by hand. In a CNC Machine functions and slide, movements are controlled by motors using computer programs.
Types of CNC Machine
There are many different types of CNC Machines available in the industry, For example:
Mills and Machining Centers
Lathes and Turning Centers
EDM Sinker and wire cut Machines
Flame and Laser-Cutting Machines
Water Jet Profilers
Advantages of CNC Machines over Conventional Machines
You don’t need extensive experience or skills in some of the cases while using CNC machines.
Replicates products thousands of times
Labor requirements is less to operate machinery
CNC interface software increases your production
No prototypes are necessary with CNC Machines
Reduce the making/production cost.
Limitations of CNC Machines
The initial investment is considered to be high
It requires high maintenance cost
We can observe the low production rates
Search More Topics on the Web
Difference between Conventional Machine vs CNC
CNC vs Conventional Machine
Differences between Conventional Machine vs CNC