Compare, distinguish and explain what is the difference between Conventional and Climb Milling. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Conventional and Climb Milling
1. Work piece fed in the opposite direction that of the cutter. Work piece fed in the same direction that of the cutter.
2. Chips are progressively thicker. Chips are progressively thinner.
3. Strong clamping is required since the cutting force is directed upwards & tends to lift the work piece. Strong clamping is not required since the cutting force is directed downwards & keep the work piece pressed to the table.
4. Gives poor surface finish, since chips gets accumulated at the cutting zone. Gives good surface finish, since the chips are thrown away during cutting.
5. Used for hard materials. Used for soft materials and finishing operations.
Difference between Climb Milling vs Conventional
Conventional vs Climb Milling
Differences between Climb Milling vs Conventional