Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Mean, Median, Mode and Range. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Mean, Median, Mode and Range
To find the mean, median, mode and range firts we have to arrange the given sequence of numbers in increasing order.
For Example let the sequence be 2, 5, 3, 8, 7, 9, 3, 7, 12, 4
Then after sorting the numbers in increasing order, the sequences becomes: 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 7, 7, 8, 9, 12Mean
Mean can be calculated as the average of the numbers.
To find the average:
1. First add all numbers in the series.
2. Divide the sum by how many numbers were added.
Example: 2 + 3 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 7 + 7 + 8 + 9 + 12 = 60
Mean = 60 / 10 = 6Median
Median is the middle numbe rof the sequence.
1. The median is the middle number when numbers are arrange in order by size.
2. If the sequence contains even number of numbers than the median is the average of tw numbers in the middle.
Median = (5 + 7) / 2 = 6Mode
Mode is the number that occures most often in the sequence.
1. Find the numbers that occures most often in the sequence. (there may be more than one)
Mode = 3 and 7Range
Range is the difference between the highest and smallest value in the sequence.
Range = 12 - 2 = 10
Search More Topics on the Web
Difference between Range vs Mean, Median, Mode
Mean, Median, Mode vs Range
Differences between Range vs Mean, Median, Mode