What are Difference between Open and Closed Circulatory System
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the main difference between Open and Closed circulatory system in biology. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Open and Closed Circulatory System
1. In open circulatory system, blood flows through open tissue spaces, the sinuses. In the closed circulatory system, blood flows in closed tubes, the blood vessels, with definite walls.
2. Blood is in direct contact with the tissue cells in open circulatory as compared to the other.
3. In open circulatory, exchange of materials occurs directly between blood and tissue cells whereas, in closed circulatory, exchange of materials between tissue cells and blood occurs via tissue fluid.
4. In open circulatory, blood flow is very slow while in closed it is quite rapid.
5. In open system, respiratory pigment, if present, is dissolved in the plasma, no red corpuscles are present. In the closed system, the respiratory pigment is present, and may be dissolved in the plasma but is usually held in red blood corpuscles.
6. Open circulatory occurs in arthropods and most molluscs. Closed circulatory occurs in annelids and vertebrates.
Difference between Closed Circulatory System vs Open
Open vs Closed Circulatory System
Differences between Closed Circulatory System vs Open