What are Difference between Endothermic and Exothermic Reaction
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Endothermic and Exothermic Reaction. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Endothermic and Exothermic Reaction
1. Endo means "Absorb". Exo means "Release".
2. Endothermic is a reaction that need to be supplied with energy. Exothermic take place when two substances are mixed together and generated heat.
3. In the first heat is absorbed. In the second, heat is given out.
4. In endothermic, energy of the reaction system increases relative to that of the surrounding, i.e. the reaction system becomes hotter. In exothermic, energy of the reaction system decreases relative to that of the surrounding, i.e. the reaction system becomes colder.
5. The change in enthaly for an endothermic reaction is always positive. The change in enthalpy for an exothermic reaction will always be negative.
6. In the first, there is small positive free energy. In the second, there is large negative free energy.
7. All energonic reactions are exothermic. All exergonic reactions are exothermic.
8. Example of Endothermic Reaction: Photosynthesis, Cooking an egg, evaporation. Examples of Exothermic Reaction: Respiration, fireplace, combustion.
Difference between Exothermic Reaction vs Endothermic
Endothermic vs Exothermic Reaction
Differences between Exothermic Reaction vs Endothermic