What are Similarities and Difference between Rat and Mice
Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the difference between Rat and Mice. Comparison and Differences.
Rats and mice are rodents that are commonly found living near people. They can be very destructive to homes, and can carry germs that make people sick. They often make their nests in and around people’s homes and office buildings. The most common rodents encountered by residents in Fairfax County are the Norway rat and the house mouse. Both of these rodents are very good at jumping, climbing, swimming, gnawing and squeezing through very small spaces.
Difference between Rat and Mice
1. Rats are larger up to 8 to 10 inches in length. Mice are smaller about 3 to 4 inches in length.
2. Rats have smaller ears in proportion to their bodies. Mice have comparatively larger ears in proportion to their bodies. For example, just think of Mickie Mouse and his ears.
3. Rat have lumpy, larger feces rounded on ends. Mice feces are small pointing near ends.
4. Rats lives 2-3 years whereas Mice lives 5+ years.
5. Rats are shy and cautious about new objects. Mice are more curious about new objects.
Similarities between Rats and Mice
1. Both the rat and the mice are rodents.
2. Both rats and the mice prefer sweets and grains to eat.
3. Both the mice and the rat are omnivores.
4. Both rat and mice carry diseases.
5. Rats and mice breed very quickly.
The Norway rat digs and travels through burrows, and will nest up to 150 feet from its food supply. It can make a nest in your home by gnawing holes in sheds and walls, etc., or squeezing through cracks and crevices in foundations, vents, etc.
The house mouse usually makes a nest in stored materials indoors, but can also live outside, burrowing in areas around fields and lawns. Mice often become a problem in the fall when they enter homes to seek warmth. Mice tend to nest only 10 to 30 feet from their food supply.
Similarities and Difference between Rat and Mice
Similarities between Difference between Rat and Similarities