Distinguish, differentiate, compare and explain what is the Difference between Tropical Grasslands and Temperate Grasslands. Comparison and Differences.
Difference between Tropical Grasslands and Temperate Grasslands
1. Tropical grasslands are also known as "Savannas in Africa" and "Campos in Brazil". Temperate grasslands are also known as "Prairies in North America", "Pampas in South America", "Downs in Australia", "Velds in South Africa" and "Steppes. in Europe".
2. Tropical Grasslands are found within Tropical zone (i.e. between Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn). Temperate Grasslands are found in the mid- latitudinal zones and in the interior part of the continents.
3. In Tropical Grasslands, the grass can grow very tall, about 3 to 4 meters in height, which is also known as "Elephant Grass". The grass found in Temperate grasslands is short and juicy, which is suitable for cattle feed.
4. Climatic conditions in Tropical grasslands do not support rich agriculture and animal rearing. Economically, these grasslands are backward. Maize and wheat are grown in large amount, thats why this Temperate grassland area is also known as "Bread Basket" of world.
5. Lions, Tigers, Elephants, Giraffes, Zebras, etc. are the species of animals found here in Tropical Grassland. Wild Ass, Antelopes, Horses, Kangaroo, Reptiles, etc. are also found here in Temperate Grassland.
Search More Topics on the Web
Difference between Temperate Grasslands vs Tropical Grasslands
Tropical Grasslvss vs Temperate Grasslvss
Differences between Temperate Grasslands vs Tropical Grasslands